Multani Mitti, also known as fuller’s earth, has long been used for beauty and skincare in Hindi, Urdu and Tamil cultures. Multani Mitti is clay mud naturally found at a place called Multan in Pakistan and was originally was used for industrial purposes as an arbsorbent in the wool industry.
The benefits of multani mitti for skin have now become widely known and it is now used as a basis for the manufacture of many skincare products.
It is rich in silica, water, alumina, magnesia and iron. Magnesium Chloride is recognized by dermatologists as highly efficient and therapeutic for the human skin. It prevents pimple breakouts and keeps the skin healthy and free of blemishes.
Multani Mitti Properties
Multani mitti has a drying effect on skin. It acts as an absorbent thus balances secretion of oil onto the skin. This is one of the sure ways to keep the skin free of pimples. Usually, acne and oily skin go hand in hand. Use multani mitti with other ingredients helps to get rid of excess oiliness to cure acne. This will leave your skin smoother and fairer with a natural glow.
The skin has pores beneath the surface. The presence of excess oil, dead skin cells and dirt clog these pores leading to pimple breakouts. Multani mitti cleanses the skin and draws out dirt and oil allowing the skin to breath freely.
Multani mitti also has anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties. It sets into the skin and rids it of deep set acne scars, inflammation scars, whiteheads and blackheads. Use it in combination with other ingredients to make face packs and masks to cure pimples and acne scars.
Being naturally derived and packaged without any chemical elements in it, this makes it ideal for all skin types. It keeps side effects of using it for acne at a minimum zero.
Benefits of using fullers’ earth for pimples
- It acts as a mild exfoliating agent- removes dead skin cells. It leaves your skin softer with a radiant complexion
- Cleanses the skin pores to remove dirt and oil which clog pores under the skin surface.
- It allows for sufficient circulation of blood, air and essential nutrients resulting in youthful, healthy skin.
- The healing properties of Bentonite clay calm skin irritation and relieve symptoms of inflammation.
- It tightens and minimizes open pores.
- Cures blackheads and whiteheads.
- It balances out oil on the skin. This means that it is equally beneficial for oily skin and dry skin.
- Multani mitti has skin brightening effects that help to get rid of pigmentation, acne scars, sun tan and other blemishes.
- Fights infections and protects the skin from future pimple breakouts.
Face Pack Recipes
The best way to use multani mitti to benefit acne prone skin is to use it in its most natural form. Use these DIY remedies to get rid of pimples overnight.
- Multani Mitti and Sandalwood Face Pack for Pimples and Fairness
This face pack is safe, effective and easy to use. This face pack not only helps to get rid of pimples, rosewater brightens and evens out skin tone. It also gets rid of dark circles and skin tan.
- Place a spoon of multani mitti in a bowl
- Add in a tablespoon of sandalwood powder
- Then add ½ a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Mix these ingredients well
- Add some rosewater and mix to make a soft paste with medium consistency
- Apply the paste on the face and leave it on for 20-30 minutes till it dries
- With wet fingers, gently scrub off the paste while massaging in circular motions
- Rinse, pat dry and moisturize with some coconut water or rosewater
You may add in a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice for anti-aging benefits.
- Multani Mitti and Carrot Pulp for Pimples and Glowing Skin
This face pack offers the benefits of multani mitti and rich goodness of vitamins in carrot pulp. It mattes oily skin and revitalizes dull skin cells.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of Multani mitti, a cup of carrot pulp and a tablespoon of Olive oil.
- Apply it on your face and leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water, pat dry and moisturize with rosewater.
Use this recipe regularly on your skin for young, brighter acne free skin.
- Multani Mitti and Turmeric for Dry Pimple Prone Skin
- Mix multani mitti and turmeric powder in a bowl
- Add in some honey to make a paste
- Apply this regularly on your face and other affected areas
Multani mitti helps to regulate secretion of oil while turmeric brightens up the skin. Honey moisturizes dry skin without making acne any worse.
- Multani Mitti and Mint Leaves for Pimples and Marks
Use this remedy to get rid of dark spots and patches from old pimples fast.
- Add equal amounts of multani mitti, mint leaves powder and yogurt
- Mix these ingredients to make a paste
- Apply the paste on affected areas of skin
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water, pat dry and moisturize
- Multani Mitti and Neem to Cure Acne
- Mix 2 tablespoons of multani mitti, 5 drops of lemon juice and a teaspoon of rose water
- Add a teaspoon of neem powder
- Mix the ingredients to make a smooth paste
Apply this on your face to make an effective multani mitti mask to cure acne and remove stubborn scars.
- Multani Mitti for Oily Acne Prone Skin
Here is a face pack to help curb pimples and eliminate excess oiliness.
- 3 tablespoons of multani mitti
- A tablespoon of tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- A teaspoon of oatmeal powder
2. Mix the above components to make a paste (not runny nor too thick)
3. Apply the paste on freshly washed face
4. Allow to dry for 15-20 minutes
5. Rinse off with cool water
Watch this Video on How to use Multani Mitti to get rid of Pimples