It is well-known that garlic tea was very common in ancient Greece and that it was used above all to strengthen the body, to improve one’s general health, and at the same time, provide people with energy and youthfulness. And, I'm sure you already know the virtues of garlic as a natural antibiotic and as a source of antioxidants, so… Why not try this garlic tea which is both delicious and unique?
The incredible properties of garlic tea
We have already explained that sometimes it is not easy to eat a garlic clove in the morning on an empty stomach, however there are many benefits to it's ingestion. Garlic tea offers a palletable, and enjoyable alternative.
- Garlic tea is an ideal complement to help you gradually lose weight. Garlic tea is an excellent cleansing aid that allows our body to dissolve the excess fats in our body. We also must keep in mind that it can help accelerate our metabolism and if we make it a habit to drink it each morning, not only will it help care for our general health, but it will also help our figure.
- Garlic tea is also an economic and effective remedy to improve our heart health. It stimulates our circulation, reduces the bad cholesterol or LDL, it dilates the blood vessels and helps avoid arteriosclerosis.
- Do you know how many vitamins you can obtain in just one glass of garlic tea a day? A lot! You will receive vitamins A, B1, B2 and C as well as some excellent antioxidants which are perfect to help care for your vision and your skin, further helping to prevent premature aging.
- As you already know, garlic is an excellent natural antibiotic. This means that we can help prevent those annoying colds and fortify our immunological system to avoid other illnesses. In fact, it is known that Greek soldiers drank garlic tea after their battles in order to cure infections. Thus, as you can see, the “miracles” that they attributed to garlic tea in ancient times were not so unusual.
How do I prepare my garlic tea?
Below is a recipe for one cup of garlic tea, you can double it if needed very easily. Following. is everything you are going to need for this to be really delicious and the way to prepare that cuts down any unpleasant odor.
- One garlic clove
- One glass of water (200 ml or 6.5 ounces)
- A little bit of grated ginger (3 g or 0.1 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (15 ml or 0.5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g or 0.9 ounces)
- Start water boiling, while waiting for it to get hot, cut the garlic clove into small pieces, or mince it. Cutting it instead of smashing will retain more of it's beneificial properties during cooking.
- Once the water has begun to boil, you can add the 3 grams (0.1 ounces) of grated ginger and the minced garlic. Let it cook for at least 15 or 20 minutes. After this time, simply turn off the heat and let the infusion sit for about 10 minutes more.
- After it has set, strain out the contents from the infused water. Now you only need to add a tablespoon of natural lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey to sweeten the tea.
Note: You do not need to worry about there being a bad odor from the garlic. By including the ginger and lemon during cooking, the odor will disappear completely in your mouth, so that you are going to enjoy this very wonderful medicinal remedy.
When should I drink it?
You can drink it each day in the morning and on an empty stomach, shortly after getting up. You will obtain the same results as eating a natural garlic clove and also benefit from a healthy infusion of ginger and lemon. A simple, healing recipe full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that is wonderful to drink every day.
An excellent habit for your health that will protect you from many common illnesses. How about we take a lesson from the ancient Greeks and start drinking garlic tea every day?