Mercury Poisoning Linked To Beauty Cream

A Mexican facial cream called Crema Aguamary is causing mercury blood poisoning in some South Texas people. Cream samples tested showed mercury levels hundreds of thousands of times higher than US permitted levels.

Mercury contamination was passed onto the unborn of two patients. High mercury levels can cause alarming symptoms (below) along with internal organ damage and death.

Who knows how or why that much mercury was in the cream but a wise traveling tip would be to leave this stuff at the border!

~Health Freedoms

High Levels Of Mercury Found In Samples Of Crema Aguamary

HOUSTON — Several people in south Texas have tested positive for elevated levels of mercury in their blood, and officials said those cases have been linked to a Mexican beauty cream.

The Texas Department of State Health Services said there are at least 18 patients and they all used Crema Aguamary.

Investigators tested 16 samples of Crema Aguamary, and some of them had mercury levels hundreds of thousands of times higher than permitted in the United States. Some of the face cream samples contained mercury levels of 56,000 to 131,000 parts per million, and some samples of a cream for use around the eye tested from 240 to 6,700 parts per million. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration only allows trace amounts, less than 1 part per million, in cosmetics.

The creams with the highest level of contamination appear to be gray, officials said. Others were lighter gray or cream colored, but also contained high amounts of mercury, detectives said.

Two of the 18 patients are infants, investigators said. Their mothers used Crema Aguamary while pregnant, officials said. Mercury poisoning can be passed onto unborn children during pregnancy and to infants who are nursing.

There is no evidence that the cream has been sold commercially in Texas, health officials said. They said it appears that the cream was purchased in Mexico and was brought across the border.

Symptoms of mercury poisoning include extreme fatigue, muscle aches and weakness, skin rashes, sores in the mouth, mood changes, memory loss, high blood pressure and weight loss.

High exposure to mercury can damage the gastrointestinal track, nervous system and kidneys.

Source:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/29052334/detail.html