We all know that there are many reasons to eat healthy, GMO-free foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals. We constantly focus on the physical effects GMO’s have on the body (mostly external… as we all want to look our best). However, more attention needs to be given to the mental and cognitive reasons for living traditionally. One consideration, often ignored, is the affect harmful toxins and poor diets have on areas of the brain such at the Pineal Gland.
We don’t hear much about the Pineal gland. This is probably due in large part to the limited knowledge and understanding experts have on the gland itself. What we do know is it seems to regulate the production (or conversion) of serotonin to melatonin (a key hormone in the regulation of our sleep patterns). MRI images confirm that by age 17 roughly half of the population has at least some detectable level of calcification of the Pineal Gland. This leads to trouble sleeping patterns and an inability to enter or maintain REM sleep. Sleep deprivation, in turn, can lead to confusion, over-analysis, paranoia depression and anxiety.
Melatonin's is a major player in uplifting your mood. And, like serotonin, melatonin plays important roles in your physical and mental health. Studies have shown that insufficient melatonin production can set you up for:
- Decreased immune function
- Accelerated cancer cell proliferation and tumor growth (including leukemia)
- Blood pressure instability
- Decreased free radical scavenging
- Increased plaques in the brain, like those seen with Alzheimer's disease
- Increased risk of osteoporosis
- Diabetic microangiopathy (capillary damage)
- Depression and/or seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
Why the Pineal gland calcifies is unclear. The chemical composition of the calcium build up is calcium phosphate/carbonate and magnesium phosphate. As such it is believed that fluoride and other toxins readily in our water supply and processed foods, is a leading contributor. Some have suggested this is due to the Pineal glands lack of a blood-brain barrier (as much of the brain has) which makes it more susceptible to toxins carried in our blood. Also suggested as a possible root cause of calcium buildup in the Pineal gland is a lack of sun exposure.
Unfortunately, most of us suffer from (at least some) calcium build up in our Pineal gland. However, there are ways to prevent future build up and even reduce existing calcification…. Here’s how:
Eat These 5 Foods:
- 1) Watercress: Watercress is full of iodine. Iodine removes heavy metals from the blood stream. Heavy metals are a contributing factor to pineal gland calcification as well as other brain disorders. It is also full of antioxidants and nutrients that support an all over healthy and well body.
- 2) Pineapple: Have you ever notices that pineapples display pentagram on their spiny skins? This is a sacred geometric shape that seems to hint at the consciousness expanding capabilities of pineapple. Not only are pineapples delicious, they are also extremely high in vitamin c. Vitamin c boosts our immune system and rids the body of free radicals. This will help improve brain function and decalcify the pineal content thanks to the high manganese content.
- 3) Coconuts: Coconut water is so similar to our blood plasma, and has even been used in emergency situations, as such. It is one of the most powerful fluids for re-hydrating the body. Coconuts contain lauric acid. This boosts our immune system. Overall, coconuts contain a lot of potassium ions which hydrate the body and thus allow the brain to function properly.
- 4) Bananas: Bananas are full of the amino acid tryptophan which helps to produce serotonin. The more serotonin you have, the more melatonin you can produce. Serotonin is a feel good neurotransmitter. These neurotransmitters are associated with pineal functioning.
- 5) Avocados: These contain a lot of lutein which is a nutrient excellent for vision. The third eye is associated with extrasensory vision. They are also very high in oleic acid- a fatty acid that helps to insulate the myelin in our brain. It is the matter that improves brain function by increasing the speed of neuron processing.
This Peptide Stimulates Melatonin and Cortisol
The effect of Epitalon on melatonin and cortisol secretion in female rhesus monkeys of various ages was evaluated by enzyme immunoassay. Epitalon stimulated evening melatonin production and normalized circadian rhythms of cortisol production in older people and monkeys.
Epiatlon's benefits go beyond melatonin and cortisol stimulation, such as increasing telomere length and health, and one of the best investments for GOOD HEALTH and LONGEVITY.
Prevent Further Calcification:
- Reduce Fluoride intake: Fluoride is in most public drinking water and processed foods. Reduce your fluoride exposure by drinking water that is purified of fluoride or installing a filter in your home that reduces fluoride.
- GMO foods only: Processed foods contain a lot of fluoride (in addition to other toxins) which can lead to further calcification. Non-GMO foods also contain pesticides that are very harmful to the body and are another possible contributor to Pineal gland calcification.
- Take off you sunglasses: Many suggest watching the sun rise and set to stimulate the Pineal gland. This is due to the presence of photoreceptors in the Pineal gland that are detectable during dissection of the gland. This suggests that the gland responds to light and dark (which makes sense due to its role in sleep regulation).
- Embrace the dark: Make your room as dark as possible at night while you sleep. Even lights as faint as that produced from an alarm clock can reduce melatonin creation.
- Remove fluorescent lights: fluorescent lighting is very unnatural and can affect your body’s ability to detect day from night, when to sleep and when not to sleep. Instead only install “full spectrum lights” in your home and workplaces.
Reduce Existing Calcification:
- Detoxify: Detoxify with agents such as Chlorella, MSM, iodine, borax and Ginseng and garlic (you can soak a garlic clove in fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to reduce the harshness of the garlic.
- Essential Oils: Inhaling essential oils such as Sandalwood, Oregano, Frankincense, Myrrh, Helichrysum and Pine will help to reduce calcification in your body and Pineal gland in particular. You can diffuse them or add a few drops to your shower or bath as you inhale the steam.
Goncharova, N.D., Khavinson, B.K. & Lapin, B.A. Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine (2001) 131: 394. doi:10.1023/A:1017928925177