Marijuana if added to other natural herbs, is capable of curing many diseases. In this particular case, combining marijuana and coconut oil to fight diseases provides some remarkable results.
Using coconut oil, internal and external of the human body, promotes good health. The oil can be applied externally to heal skin and hair from damage. It can also be ingested to help improve memory, fight cancer, ease digestion, boost the immune system, reduce inflammation, cure Urinary Tract Infections, eliminated kidney infection, protect the liver and more. Also, using coconut oil in your cooking greatly improves the quality of the meal.
In fact, one way to make coconut oil more useful is by infusing it with the medicinal properties of marijuana. Marijuana and coconut oil, when combined properly, create a symphony more beautiful than chocolate and peanut butter, according to the author Nicolette Aolani Kineret.
Coconut oil is full of natural saturated fats. Don’t worry, these are the ones that increase the HDL (good cholesterol) in your body and help convert the LDL (bad cholesterol) into HDL, a key ingredient to a healthy heart.
The tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) in marijuana, the two cannabinoids that give marijuana its healing properties, are said to be very fat soluble. The high concentration of fatty acids present in coconut oil creates a perfect adhesive for the cannabinoids that bond with the fatty molecules.
The results of the marijuana and coconut oil are much more potent than other butters/margarines/oils, highlighting the medicinal properties of the plant. Marijuana can be used to cure all types of illnesses, depending on the strain. You just have to know how to choose the right strain.
Now, knowing the strain you want, you can now prepare your marijuana coconut oil by going through the following simple steps. But before you do, decarboxylate the marijuana first. Decarboxylation is a simple process. It is even recommended that whenever you use marijuana for cooking, or any other recipes, make sure you follow these easy steps:
- Preheat the oven to 240° F. / 115° C.
- Break up cannabis flowers and buds into smaller pieces with your hands. We use one ounce, but you can elect to do more or less.
- Put the pieces in one layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Make sure the pan is the correct size so there is not empty space on the pan.
- Bake the cannabis for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes so that it toasts evenly.
- When the cannabis is darker in color, a light to medium brown, and has dried out, remove the baking sheet and allow the cannabis to cool. It should be quite crumbly when handled.
- In a food processor, pulse the cannabis until it is coarsely ground (you don’t want a superfine powder). Store it in an airtight container and use as needed to make extractions.
After successfully decarboxylating your marijuana, you can make your marijuana coconut oil by following these simple steps:
- Place one gram of decarboxylate marijuana for every ounce of virgin coconut oil. Place the crushed marijuana in a glass jar and add the coconut oil. Put the lid on the jar, seal it well and put it in a pan full of water. Slowly heat the water and keep it on a below boiling level of 100 degrees Celsius (212 F) for 60 minutes. In this way you will keep the oil safe from overheating.
- Next, use a strainer to strain the mixture to eliminate the solid elements. Make sure to squeeze the juice from the marijuana. Some people use cheesecloth to strain the mixture properly.
- Once you are done with this procedure, you can eat the marijuana coconut oil as it is, or use it in other foods, or apply it as a lotion. Feel free to cook with this treated oil, but only when the temperature is lower than 157 degrees Celsius (315 F). That is the temperature of the point of boiling of the active compound of marijuana. Please take note that if you use higher temperatures than what is recommended, the effects will be gone.